I love cooking, i don’t like being told what to do. Hence i don’t like recipes, or is it the other way around?
I cook everything to my taste, so please by all means do the same. This will act as a guide to making similar but the best for you and your family food.
I promised my husband a ‘pie’, I know what you’re thinking but I’m making lamb pie. And lamb is my favourite meat. This is warm, rustic and filling meal.
I use margarine instead of butter, gives the flavor without the burden on the hips.
Homemade Lamb pie
– Lamb leg( no bones)- as much as will be enough for your family.
– Veggies- mushrooms(chopped vertically), carrots, red and orange peppers, onions- all roughly chopped
– Liquids-coconut milk-25ml. chicken stock- 25ml
– Margarine -1tbs. Herbs- coriander- 1tbs,
– Spices- homemade masala- 1tsp (nutmeg, chili flakes, cayenne, cinnamon, turmeric, salt, pepper)
– Fresh rocket and sliced horse reddish for serving.
– Egg -x1 and Puff pastry
– add margarine into pot, brown onions then add the rest of the veggies(leaving out carrots). Add lamb and brown a bit, then the masala and chicken stock.
– After 10 min- add coconut milk, carrots and coriander. Take off stove after 5 min
– Preheat oven at 230 degrees
– roll out puff pastry on floured surface until thin. Margarine the pie pots/ mini casserole dishes. Layer pastry over and add your filling. Close the pastry over the filling gently. Then brush over top of pastry with beaten egg. Bake in oven for 40-50 min( if using smaller pots bake for 30-40 min).
– cool and serve with rocket and horse reddish. And Enjoy!
This is always a hit with my family, hope it becomes a hit with yours.