It’s lunch time and I’m inspired to make something instead of buying my lunch today.
I’m making a Lamb kidney salad with leftover citrus sauce. Who doesn’t love a good ‘steak and kidney’ pie, other than my husband of course? Ok, it can be acquired taste. This lunch is inspired by that; the pie not the fact that hubby doesn’t like it!
– Lamb kidney. – citrus, cayenne sauce. – horseradish. – baby spinach leaves. – pepperdews. – brinjal(aka Egg plant.
– Citrus sauce- check out last night’s dinner for flavour combinations.
– Lamb kidneys- dry rub with paprika, salt &pepper and sear on a pan with olive oil until beautifully brown. Then pop into 230 deg oven for 10 min. This will give you medium kidneys. Take out and slice in half.
– Layer fresh baby spinach on plate, cut brinjal into wedges and layer on top of spinach then sliced horseradish. Kidneys then the citrus sauce and diced pepperdew for that pop of colour to your presentation.
1. Leftovers are always good for lunch the next day, as they’ve had time for flavours to combine perfectly.
2. I don’t like rules, but some rules you learn to understand after many rebellious streaks. Rule no.1 states: better undercooked than overcooked. But cooking animal insides are the exception to this rule( trying very hard not to say organs 🙂 . they are better overcooked as flavours can be overwhelmingly strong.
A quick and easy under 20 min lunch, utilizing leftovers and healthy too.