I would like to share with you what has worked for me in the past, and what keeps working for me. Starting is easy, keeping going is the difficult bit. Hopefully these tips will help you get a propelling start.
- Think very hard about it and make a well-thought out decision on what goals you’re trying to achieve. WIthout a goal, you have nothing pushing you and to work towards
- Goals could be anything from wanting to lose weight, getting healthier, improving certain parameters such as cholesterol, blood glucose etc.
- Be specific about your goals! This’ll help you spell out your health issues, acknowledging a problem is the first step towards positive change! This will also clear any future confusion, cheating etc. it will make the victory sweeter, as well. For example; Goal no.1 – to lose 15kg. Goal no. 2: drop cholesterol from 5,5 to under 4,5
- Set deadlines for yourself. This’ll give you a sense of direction, motivate you and help in not making your journey feel endless. So instead of Goal no.1- to lose 15kg, make your goal to lose 15kg in 5 months. Remember we’re trying to be realistic so don’t be too ambitious.
- Write you goals down. This will serve as a contract between your body and your mind, the promise to work together to achieve the goals through the good and the bad times! This will also serve a constant reminder.
So think about what you want to achieve, set goals, be specific, set a deadline, write it down but most importantly be realistic and enjoy seeing the results of your hard work!
At least this works for me.